Y’all, it happened again. Stefani swung by my desk to ask if I could share some more secrets about an upcoming book. But not just any book! She wanted the dirt on Whiteout by Adriana Anders—the novel that’s going to redefine a subgenre!
Don’t believe me? Well, prepare your mind, friends, because it’s about to be blown.
EVERYTHING I’M ALLOWED TO SHARE (AND A FEW THINGS I’M NOT!) ABOUT WHITEOUT.
1. First, let me hit you with some fresh-off-the-presses back cover copy:
With a storm coming and a killer on the loose, every step could be their last...
Angel Smith is finally ready to leave Antarctica for a second chance at life. But on what was meant to be her last day, the remote research station she’s been calling home is attacked. Hunted and scared, she and irritatingly gorgeous glaciologist Ford Cooper barely make it out with their lives…only to realize that in a place this remote, there’s nowhere left to run.
Isolated with no power, no way to contact the outside world, and a madman at their heels, Angel and Ford must fight to survive in the most inhospitable—and beautiful—place on earth. But what starts as a partnership born of necessity quickly turns into an urgent connection that burns bright and hot. They both know there is little chance of making it out alive, and yet they are determined, against the odds, to save themselves—and possibly the world.
2. Yes, you read that right: Whiteout is set in ANTARCTICA. It’s a locked-box romance, with the hero and heroine forced to rely on each other—and only each other—to survive, with precious few interruptions from the outside world. It’s just them, smoldering sexual tension, and all the dangers of a forbidding frozen wasteland
Wait…I’m being told I’ve got 8 more secrets to share and need to keep going. Triumphant mic drop rescinded! But seriously, have you ever heard of anything cooler?
3. It’s the start of what we’ve been calling survival romance. Part thriller, part BBC’s Planet Earth, part super-steamy-romance. Imagine your favorite disaster movie, but as a romance. I’m telling you, you don’t want to miss this thing.
(Get it? Get it???)
4. Whiteout is the first of four books, starting with a free novella. Yeah, you heard that right: FREE. You can find Deep Blue—along with novellas by Katie Ruggle, Juno Rushdan, and Connie Mann—in Turn the Tide TOMORROW. You can click the image >>> if you want to read it!
5. The cover is AMAZING. I mean, seriously—doesn’t it make you feel chills just looking at it?
6. Good thing Ford’s hot enough to keep the home fires burning. This glaciologist is so [REDACTED] he’s [REDACTED]! I mean, he’s freaking [REDACTED]! You [REDACTED]?
7. I have it on good authority that we’re giving away one free penguin with every copy sold.*
8. *I have it on recently updated and even better authority that I made that up, and there are, in fact, no penguins being given away. Dang, foiled again.
9. USA Today bestseller Molly O’Keefe said: “Do yourself a favor and start this book early—you won't be able to sleep until you finish.” Molly, I completely agree. When I first read Whiteout, I was shook.
10. Each book in the series will take you to the very edge of survival—facing endless wastes, the ocean’s deepest depths, and the darkest core of the earth—with Adriana’s addictive blend of intensity, deep sensuality, and breathless romance. Move over, romantic suspense: survival romance is coming for you.
And NOW the mic drop!